Archival Studies, Source Studies – Trends and Challenges
September 24-25, 2020
The International Conference is dedicated to 100 years since the establishment of the National Archives of Georgia and 300 years since the birth of the King Erekle II
Further information on the conference format will be provided later.
The National Archives of Georgia calls for proposals for the International Conference Archival Studies, Source Studies – Trends and Challenges.
The goal of the conference is to collect the scientific innovations; to bring together Georgian and foreign scientists for further broadening of communication; to promote the interdisciplinary and intercultural researches; to seek for the adaptation ways of the modern requests of the Cultural Heritage Management; to share the novelties of the digital humanitarian sphere.
- Archival studies
- Source studies
- Study of antiquities
- History/art history/ ethnology
- Philology (textual criticism/study)
- Political science and law
- Intercultural communications
- Digital archives and databases
- Cultural heritage management
- Georgia and the South Caucasus in 1918-1921
Regarding the anniversary dates, besides the traditional blocks, the separate directions of the conference will be the topics on 100 years since the establishment of the National Archives of Georgia and 300 years since the birth of the King Erekle II.
The conference package foresees brief educational programs (informative lectures, electronic archives and others), held in the framework of the plenary sessions.
- The conference calls for persons with academic degree, as well as the holders of Master’s degree and Doctoral students;
- The conference topic should contain novelty and should not be published or read on any other scientific event;
- Volume of the abstract should not exceed 500 words;
- Conference operates: Georgian and English.
Please note that all incoming applications will undergo an anonymous review.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: June 28, 2020
- Acceptance of abstracts will be confirmed: July 15, 2020
Instruction for Submission:
The conference materials will be published or the e-version of edition will be uploaded on the official website of the National Archives of Georgia: www.archives.gov.ge
Address: 1, Vazha-Pshavela Avenue, Tbilisi, Georgia
Tel.: +995 322 37 28 01
+995 577 13 03 80